Saturday 10 April 2010

Is it need or greed?






I feel that shoplifting is an intresting topic that has been drawan upon in this module, one question that arised in the lecture was why do people who can afford to buy things shop lift instead? after doing research on this area I found that peer pressure is one of the reasons why people shoplift, they may do it because they want to feel like part of a group have a sense of belonging or do it because their friends are, I personally feel that the above reasons for shoplifting are terrible, for example in relation to smoking i have many friends who I hang around with that smoke but I would never smoke just to feel like i belonged because it's wrong, either people accept you for who you are or they are not your friends. I also found that people shoplift because they get a "kick" out of it or they feel they can do it because they can get away with it. The following link I have posted looks at different types of shoplifters and how shoplifting is sometimes seen as a mental disorder so have a read :)
http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/problems/shoplifting.html#

No comments:

Post a Comment