Friday 23 April 2010

Hahaha funny stuff.


After having a lecture on Bad comedians yesterday, I looked into the difference between a joke and offending someone and racist jokes. My personal view on this is that a joke is in fact a JOKE up until a certain extent where it can offend someone it is no longer a joke, neither funny. In regard to racist jokes, they can sometimes be quiet offensive. I have posted a link for an article which brings up a interesting statement, It states that racist gags could simply be a more acceptable way of being racist, check it out, it's quite an intresting article that also talks about why they are seen as funny.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1972565.stm

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said about some jokes being funny up to a certain point. When it comes to racist jokes I think it is only acceptable when the actual race that the joke is about says it as otherwise I believe that it is rude and well racist. In order for a comedian to be good I think they need to find out how far they can take their jokes and also the boundaries for these jokes.

    ReplyDelete